2008/09/26

Interview with Dr Rob, October 2, 2008

Dr. Robert Lamberts aka "Dr. Rob": Dr. Robert Lamberts, aka "Dr. Rob", write the amusing and insightful Musings of a Distractible Mind. He also is the "father" of a lobster named Zippy who travels the world seeking a cure for pediatric cancer.

His profile in his blog reads:

Doctor, Blogger, Goofball. Yes, that is me. Dr. Sid called me the "Dave Barry of medical blogging," but I like to think of myself as the "Hulk Hogan" of the Medical blog world. It just makes more sense to me. Anyway, I author "Musings of a Distractible Mind" as other dabblings. I like llamas for no other reason that the word starts with to l's.

I am a practicing primary care physician in the Southeastern US, caring for patients of all ages (Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics). This blog covers a wide variety of issues, including the following: What it is like to be a physician, dogs driving cars, what troubles are in our system, toddlers with flame-throwers, what would it take to fix that system, llamas, death and dying issues, mutants, and accordions. Maybe I need to write about mutant dying accordions with flame-throwers. Hmmm....I feel a post coming. Anyhow, I like variety. Life is always lived with both laughter and tears. If you are a regular reader of this blog, it is also filled with nausea and nightmares. Thanks for stopping by. -Dr. Rob

About Dr Rob reads:

Hi! I am Dr. Rob.

I am a primary care physician from the Southeastern United States. Yes, I am a real doctor. Here are some other facts about me:
  • I am a father of four children.
  • I am board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
  • I am bad at bowling, but would like to be better.
  • I have lived in New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Georgia.
  • I don’t like mushrooms. They are just too slimy for me.
  • I play multiple musical instruments, including Piano, Cello, and Guitar.
  • I started college as a voice major.
  • I am an early adopter of Electronic Medical Records and have been awarded for our implementation of them in our practice. I have given talks about this subject across the country.
  • I don’t have psychic powers - I am not that Doctor Rob.
  • I have been diagnosed with ADHD. My staff agrees with this diagnosis.
  • I don’t like to write about politics. It just gives me the heebie-jeebies.
  • I recently had my gallbladder out. It wasn’t that bad, but the scars kind of look like bugs.
  • Llamas and goats have mysteriously become an important part of my blog. I am not sure who invited them, but they keep showing up.
  • I accidentally deleted this page, so had to rewrite it. I do stuff like that sometimes. Still, I think I am a pretty good doc. I have never deleted a patient by mistake.
  • My feet are size 10.5
  • I am the recipient of far more grace than I deserve.
  • I have very little patience for those pesky muskrats.
So sit back and enjoy the blog. I hope you grow from the experience. I know I haven’t.
Join Dr Rob, October 2, 2008, 8:00PM

No comments: